Definitions of need:
- noun: anything that is necessary but lacking
Example: "He had sufficient means to meet his simple needs"
- noun: a condition requiring relief
Example: "She satisfied his need for affection"
- noun: a state of extreme poverty or destitution
Example: "A general state of need exists among the homeless"
- noun: the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior
- verb: have or feel a need for
Example: "Always needing friends and money"
- verb: have need of
- verb: require as useful, just, or proper
Search for need at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse