Definitions of nest:
- noun: a kind of gun emplacement
Example: "A machine-gun nest"
- noun: furniture pieces made to fit close together
- noun: a gang of people (criminals or spies or terrorists) assembled in one locality
Example: "A nest of thieves"
- noun: a cosy or secluded retreat
- noun: a structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young
- verb: inhabit a nest, usually after building
Example: "Birds are nesting outside my window every Spring"
- verb: gather nests
- verb: fit together or fit inside
Example: "Nested bowls"
- verb: move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #26223)
Search for nest at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse