Definitions of news:
- noun: new information about specific and timely events
Example: "They awaited news of the outcome"
- noun: new information of any kind
Example: "It was news to me"
- noun: information reported in a newspaper or news magazine
Example: "The news of my death was greatly exaggerated"
- noun: the quality of being sufficiently interesting to be reported in news bulletins
Example: "The judge conceded the newsworthiness of the trial"
- noun: a program devoted to news
Example: "We watch the 7 o'clock news every night"
Search for news at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse