Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of nose:
- noun: a front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft)
Example: "The nose of the rocket heated up on reentry"
- noun: the front or forward projection of a tool or weapon
Example: "He ducked under the nose of the gun"
- noun: the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals
Example: "He has a cold in the nose"
- noun: a natural skill
Example: "He has a nose for good deals"
- noun: the sense of smell (especially in animals)
Example: "The hound has a good nose"
- noun: a small distance
Example: "My horse lost the race by a nose"
- noun: a projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged
- verb: defeat by a narrow margin
- verb: push or move with the nose
- verb: advance the forward part of with caution
Example: "She nosed the car into the left lane"
- verb: catch the scent of; get wind of
Example: "The dog nosed out the drugs"
- verb: search or inquire in a meddlesome way
- verb: rub noses
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #50199)
Search for nose at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse