Definitions of notch:
- noun: a small cut
- noun: a V-shaped or U-shaped indentation carved or scratched into a surface
Example: "There were four notches in the handle of his revolver"
- noun: a V-shaped indentation
Example: "Mandibular notch"
- noun: the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks
- verb: notch a surface to record something
- verb: cut or make a notch into
Example: "Notch the rope"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69588)
Search for notch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse