Definitions of occult:
- noun: occult practices and techniques
Example: "He is a student of the occult"
- noun: supernatural forces and events and beings collectively
- verb: hide from view
Example: "The lids were occulting her eyes"
- verb: become concealed or hidden from view or have its light extinguished
Example: "The beam of light occults every so often"
- verb: cause an eclipse of (a celestial body) by intervention
Example: "Planets and stars often are occulted by other celestial bodies"
- adjective: hidden and difficult to see
Example: "An occult fracture"
- adjective: having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding
Example: "Occult lore"
Search for occult at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse