Definitions of occupation:
- noun: the act of occupying or taking possession of a building
Example: "Occupation of a building without a certificate of occupancy is illegal"
- noun: the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money
- noun: any activity that occupies a person's attention
Example: "He missed the bell in his occupation with the computer game"
- noun: the control of a country by military forces of a foreign power
- noun: the period of time during which a place or position or nation is occupied
Example: "During the German occupation of Paris"
Search for occupation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse