Definitions of off:
- adjective: not in operation or operational
Example: "The oven is off"
- adjective: (of events) no longer planned or scheduled
Example: "The wedding is definitely off"
- adjective: below a satisfactory level
Example: "An off year for tennis"
- adjective: in an unpalatable state
- adverb: no longer on or in contact or attached
Example: "Clean off the dirt"
- adverb: at a distance in space or time
Example: "The boat was 5 miles off (or away)"
- adverb: from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete)
Example: "Went off to school"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69521)
Search for off at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse