Definitions of on:
- adjective: in operation or operational
Example: "Left the oven on"
- adjective: (of events) planned or scheduled
Example: "The picnic is on, rain or shine"
- adverb: indicates continuity or persistence or concentration
Example: "His spirit lives on"
- adverb: in a state required for something to function or be effective
Example: "Turn the lights on"
- adverb: with a forward motion
Example: "We drove along admiring the view"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #28542)
Search for on at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse