Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of operator:
- noun: an agent that operates some apparatus or machine
Example: "The operator of the switchboard"
- noun: someone who owns or operates a business
Example: "Who is the operator of this franchise?"
- noun: a speculator who trades aggressively on stock or commodity markets
- noun: (mathematics) a symbol that represents a function from functions to functions
Example: "The integral operator"
- noun: a shrewd or unscrupulous person who knows how to circumvent difficulties
Search for operator at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...