Definitions of opinion:
- noun: the reason for a court's judgment (as opposed to the decision itself)
- noun: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty
Example: "My opinion differs from yours"
- noun: the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision
Example: "Opinions are usually written by a single judge"
- noun: a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof
Example: "His opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page"
- noun: a belief or sentiment shared by most people; the voice of the people
Example: "He asked for a poll of public opinion"
- noun: a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
Search for opinion at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse