Definitions of organ:
- noun: wind instrument whose sound is produced by means of pipes arranged in sets supplied with air from a bellows and controlled from a large complex musical keyboard
- noun: a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
- noun: a periodical that is published by a special interest group
Example: "The organ of the communist party"
- noun: a government agency or instrument devoted to the performance of some specific function
Example: "The Census Bureau is an organ of the Commerce Department"
- noun: a free-reed instrument in which air is forced through the reeds by bellows
- noun: (music) an electronic simulation of a pipe organ
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #12167)
Search for organ at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse