Definitions of pack:
- noun: a small parcel (as of cigarettes or film)
- noun: a bundle (especially one carried on the back)
- noun: a sheet or blanket (either dry or wet) to wrap around the body for its therapeutic effect
- noun: a cream that cleanses and tones the skin
- noun: a complete collection of similar things
- noun: a group of hunting animals
- noun: an association of criminals
Example: "A pack of thieves"
- noun: an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
- noun: a large indefinite number
- verb: fill to capacity
Example: "This singer always packs the concert halls"
- verb: set up a committee or legislative body with one's own supporters so as to influence the outcome
Example: "Pack a jury"
- verb: treat the body or any part of it by wrapping it, as with blankets or sheets, and applying compresses to it, or stuffing it to provide cover, containment, or therapy, or to absorb blood
Example: "The nurse packed gauze in the wound"
- verb: carry, as on one's back
Example: "Pack your tents to the top of the mountain"
- verb: arrange in a container
Example: "Pack the books into the boxes"
- verb: load with a pack
- verb: compress into a wad
- verb: seal with packing
Example: "Pack the faucet"
- verb: have with oneself; have on one's person
Example: "She packs a gun when she goes into the mountains"
- verb: have the property of being packable or compactable or of compacting easily
Example: "Such odd-shaped items do not pack well"
- verb: hike with a backpack
Example: "Every summer they are backpacking in the Rockies"
- verb: press tightly together or cram
Example: "The crowd packed the auditorium"
- verb: press down tightly
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 14285 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1681)
Search for pack at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse