Definitions of pair:
- noun: a poker hand with 2 cards of the same value
- noun: two people considered as a unit
- noun: a set of two similar things considered as a unit
- noun: two items of the same kind
- verb: form a pair or pairs
Example: "The two old friends paired off"
- verb: arrange in pairs
Example: "Pair these numbers"
- verb: occur in pairs
- verb: make love
- verb: bring two objects, ideas, or people together
Example: "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11481)
Search for pair at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse