Definitions of pall:
- noun: burial garment in which a corpse is wrapped
- noun: a sudden numbing dread
- noun: hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- verb: lose strength or effectiveness; become or appear boring, insipid, or tiresome (to)
Example: "The course palled on her"
- verb: become less interesting or attractive
- verb: cause to become flat
Example: "Pall the beer"
- verb: cover with a pall
- verb: lose sparkle or bouquet
Example: "Wine and beer can pall"
- verb: get tired of something or somebody
- verb: cause surfeit through excess though initially pleasing
- verb: cause to lose courage
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45997)
Search for pall at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia