Definitions of partition:
- noun: a vertical structure that divides or separates (as a wall divides one room from another)
- noun: (computer science) the part of a hard disk that is dedicated to a particular operating system or application and accessed as a single unit
- noun: the act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart
- verb: separate or apportion into sections
Example: "Partition a room off"
- verb: divide into parts, pieces, or sections
Example: "The Arab peninsula was partitioned by the British"
Search for partition at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse