Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of passing:
- noun: success in satisfying a test or requirement
Example: "His future depended on his passing that test"
- noun: going by something that is moving in order to get in front of it
Example: "She drove but well but her reckless passing of every car on the road frightened me"
- noun: the end of something
Example: "The passing of winter"
- noun: the motion of one object relative to another
Example: "Stellar passings can perturb the orbits of comets"
- noun: euphemistic expressions for death
Example: "Thousands mourned his passing"
- noun: a bodily process of passing from one place or stage to another
Example: "The passing of flatus"
- noun: (American football) a play that involves one player throwing the ball to a teammate
Example: "The coach sent in a passing play on third and long"
- adjective: enduring a very short time
Example: "A passing fancy"
- adverb: to an extreme degree or extent
Search for passing at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse