Definitions of patent:
- noun: a document granting an inventor sole rights to an invention
- noun: an official document granting a right or privilege
- verb: obtain a patent for
Example: "Should I patent this invention?"
- verb: grant rights to; grant a patent for
- verb: make open to sight or notice
Example: "His behavior has patented an embarrassing fact about him"
- adjective: (of a bodily tube or passageway) open; affording free passage
Example: "Patent ductus arteriosus"
- adjective: clearly apparent or obvious to the mind or senses
Example: "Patent advantages"
Search for patent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...