Synonyms / Related
Definitions of peace:
- noun: a treaty to cease hostilities
Example: "Peace came on November 11th"
- noun: the absence of mental stress or anxiety
- noun: harmonious relations; freedom from disputes
Example: "The roommates lived in peace together"
- noun: the state prevailing during the absence of war
- noun: the general security of public places
Example: "He was arrested for disturbing the peace"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3821)
Search for peace at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...