Synonyms / Related
Definitions of pencil:
- noun: a thin cylindrical pointed writing implement; a rod of marking substance encased in wood
- noun: a cosmetic in a long thin stick; designed to be applied to a particular part of the face
Example: "An eyebrow pencil"
- noun: a figure formed by a set of straight lines or light rays meeting at a point
- noun: graphite (or a similar substance) used in such a way as to be a medium of communication
Example: "The words were scribbled in pencil"
- verb: write, draw, or trace with a pencil
Example: "He penciled a figure"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #42540)
Search for pencil at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...