Definitions of penetrate:
- verb: come to understand
- verb: pass into or through, often by overcoming resistance
Example: "The bullet penetrated her chest"
- verb: insert the penis into the vagina or anus of
Example: "Did the molester penetrate the child?"
- verb: make one's way deeper into ar through
Example: "The hikers did not manage to penetrate the dense forest"
- verb: enter a group or organization in order to spy on the members
- verb: spread or diffuse through
Example: "Music penetrated the entire building"
- verb: become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions
Example: "She was penetrated with sorrow"
Search for penetrate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse