Definitions of people:
- noun: (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
Example: "Old people"
- noun: members of a family line
Example: "His people have been farmers for generations"
- noun: the body of citizens of a state or country
Example: "The Spanish people"
- noun: the common people generally
Example: "Power to the people"
- verb: fill with people or supply with inhabitants
Example: "People a room"
- verb: make one's home or live in
Example: "These people inhabited all the islands that are now deserted"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #13191)
Search for people at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse