Definitions of perpendicular:
- noun: an extremely steep face
- noun: a Gothic style in 14th and 15th century England; characterized by vertical lines and a four-centered (Tudor) arch and fan vaulting
- noun: a straight line at right angles to another line
- noun: a cord from which a metal weight is suspended pointing directly to the earth's center of gravity; used to determine the vertical from a given point
- adjective: intersecting at or forming right angles
Example: "The axes are perpendicular to each other"
- adjective: extremely steep
Example: "The great perpendicular face of the cliff"
- adjective: at right angles to the plane of the horizon or a base line
Example: "Measure the perpendicular height"
Search for perpendicular at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse