Definitions of pet:
- noun: a domesticated animal kept for companionship or amusement
- noun: a fit of petulance or sulkiness (especially at what is felt to be a slight)
- noun: using a computerized radiographic technique to examine the metabolic activity in various tissues (especially in the brain)
- noun: a special loved one
- verb: stroke or caress in an erotic manner, as during lovemaking
- verb: stroke or caress gently
Example: "Pet the lamb"
- adjective: preferred above all others and treated with partiality
Search for pet at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse