Definitions of physical:
- adjective: according with material things or natural laws (other than those peculiar to living matter)
Example: "A reflex response to physical stimuli"
- adjective: involving the body as distinguished from the mind or spirit
Example: "Physical exercise"
- adjective: relating to the sciences dealing with matter and energy; especially physics
Example: "Physical sciences"
- adjective: having substance or material existence; perceptible to the senses
Example: "A physical manifestation"
- adjective: concerned with material things
Example: "Physical properties"
- adjective: impelled by physical force especially against resistance
Example: "A real cop would get physical"
- adjective: characterized by energetic bodily activity
Example: "A very physical dance performance"
Search for physical at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse