Definitions of picket:
- noun: a wooden strip forming part of a fence
- noun: a vehicle performing sentinel duty
- noun: a detachment of troops guarding an army from surprise attack
- noun: a protester posted by a labor organization outside a place of work
- noun: a person employed to watch for something to happen
- verb: serve as pickets or post pickets
Example: "Picket a business to protest the lay-offs"
- verb: fasten with a picket
Example: "Picket the goat"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #37154)
Search for picket at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse