Definitions of Pierce:
- noun: 14th President of the United States (1804-1869)
- verb: sound sharply or shrilly
Example: "The scream pierced the night"
- verb: make a hole into
Example: "The needle pierced her flesh"
- verb: penetrate or cut through with a sharp instrument
- verb: cut or make a way through
Example: "The path pierced the jungle"
- verb: move or affect (a person's emotions, bodily feelings, etc.) deeply or sharply
Example: "The cold pierced her bones"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 1785 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #167)
Search for Pierce at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse