Definitions of pipe:
- noun: a long tube made of metal or plastic that is used to carry water or oil or gas etc.
- noun: a tube with a small bowl at one end; used for smoking tobacco
- noun: a tubular wind instrument
- noun: a hollow cylindrical shape
- noun: the flues and stops on a pipe organ
- verb: trim with piping
Example: "Pipe the skirt"
- verb: play on a pipe
Example: "Pipe a tune"
- verb: transport by pipeline
Example: "Pipe oil, water, and gas into the desert"
- verb: utter a shrill cry
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69090)
Search for pipe at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse