Definitions of pitcher:
- noun: the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit
Example: "He has played every position except pitcher"
- noun: an open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring
- noun: (baseball) the person who does the pitching
Example: "Our pitcher has a sore arm"
- noun: the quantity contained in a pitcher
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4767)
Search for pitcher at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse