Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of plane:
- noun: a carpenter's hand tool with an adjustable blade for smoothing or shaping wood
Example: "The cabinetmaker used a plane for the finish work"
- noun: a power tool for smoothing or shaping wood
- noun: (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape
Example: "We will refer to the plane of the graph as the X-Y plane"
- noun: a level of existence or development
Example: "He lived on a worldly plane"
- noun: an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets
Example: "The flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane"
- verb: cut or remove with or as if with a plane
- verb: make even or smooth, with or as with a carpenter's plane
Example: "Plane the top of the door"
- verb: travel on the surface of water
- adjective: having a horizontal surface in which no part is higher or lower than another
Example: "A plane surface"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #49973)
Search for plane at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...