Synonyms / Related
Definitions of plan:
- noun: scale drawing of a structure
Example: "The plans for City Hall were on file"
- noun: a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
Example: "They drew up a six-step plan"
- noun: an arrangement scheme
Example: "A plan for seating guests"
- verb: make plans for something
Example: "He is planning a trip with his family"
- verb: have the will and intention to carry out some action
Example: "He plans to be in graduate school next year"
- verb: make or work out a plan for; devise
Example: "Plan an attack"
- verb: make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form
Example: "Plan the new wing of the museum"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #79744)
Search for plan at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...