Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of plumb:
- noun: the metal bob of a plumb line
- verb: adjust with a plumb line so as to make vertical
- verb: examine thoroughly and in great depth
- verb: measure the depth of something
- verb: weight with lead
- adjective: exactly vertical
Example: "The tower of Pisa is far out of plumb"
- adverb: exactly
Example: "Fell plumb in the middle of the puddle"
- adverb: conforming to the direction of a plumb line
- adverb: completely; used as intensifiers
Example: "I'm plumb (or plum) tuckered out"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6205)
Search for plumb at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...