Definitions of poke:
- noun: tall coarse perennial American herb having small white flowers followed by blackish-red berries on long drooping racemes; young fleshy stems are edible; berries and root are poisonous
- noun: a bag made of paper or plastic for holding customer's purchases
- noun: (boxing) a blow with the fist
- noun: a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow)
- verb: make a hole by poking
- verb: stir by poking
Example: "Poke the embers in the fireplace"
- verb: search or inquire in a meddlesome way
- verb: hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument
- verb: poke or thrust abruptly
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #42475)
Search for poke at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse