Definitions of pool:
- noun: any of various games played on a pool table having 6 pockets
- noun: an excavation that is (usually) filled with water
- noun: an organization of people or resources that can be shared
Example: "A car pool"
- noun: something resembling a pool of liquid
Example: "He stood in a pool of light"
- noun: a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid
Example: "The body lay in a pool of blood"
- noun: the combined stakes of the betters
- noun: any communal combination of funds
Example: "Everyone contributed to the pool"
- noun: an association of companies for some definite purpose
- noun: a small lake
- verb: combine into a common fund
Example: "We pooled resources"
- verb: join or form a pool of people
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 16666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1990)
Search for pool at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia