Definitions of portion:
- noun: the result of parcelling out or sharing
- noun: something less than the whole of a human artifact
- noun: an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal
Example: "His portion was larger than hers"
- noun: assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group
- noun: something determined in relation to something that includes it
Example: "I read a portion of the manuscript"
- noun: your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you)
Example: "Success that was her portion"
- verb: give out or allot
Search for portion at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse