Definitions of pose:
- noun: a posture assumed by models for photographic or artistic purposes
- noun: affected manners intended to impress others
- noun: a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display
- verb: behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others
- verb: pretend to be someone you are not; sometimes with fraudulent intentions
Example: "She posed as the Czar's daughter"
- verb: assume a posture as for artistic purposes
Example: "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
- verb: introduce
Example: "This poses an interesting question"
- verb: put into a certain place or abstract location
- verb: be a mystery or bewildering to
Search for pose at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse