Definitions of positive:
- noun: a film showing a photographic image whose tones correspond to those of the original subject
- adjective: characterized by or displaying affirmation or acceptance or certainty etc.
Example: "A positive attitude"
- adjective: greater than zero
Example: "Positive numbers"
- adjective: indicating existence or presence of a suspected condition or pathogen
Example: "A positive pregnancy test"
- adjective: having a positive electric charge
Example: "Protons are positive"
- adjective: formally laid down or imposed
Example: "Positive laws"
- adjective: involving advantage or good
Example: "A plus (or positive) factor"
- adjective: granting what has been desired or requested
Example: "A positive answer"
- adjective: of or relating to positivism
Example: "Positive philosophy"
- adjective: marked by excessive confidence
Example: "The less he knows the more positive he gets"
- adjective: impossible to deny or disprove
Example: "Proof positive"
Search for positive at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse