Definitions of produce:
- noun: fresh fruits and vegetable grown for the market
- verb: bring out for display
Example: "The proud father produced many pictures of his baby"
- verb: bring onto the market or release
Example: "Produce a movie"
- verb: create or manufacture a man-made product
Example: "We produce more cars than we can sell"
- verb: bring forth or yield
Example: "The tree would not produce fruit"
- verb: cause to occur or exist
Example: "This procedure produces a curious effect"
- verb: come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- verb: cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
Example: "The Bordeaux region produces great red wines"
Search for produce at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse