Definitions of production:
- noun: (law) the act of exhibiting in a court of law
Example: "The appellate court demanded the production of all documents"
- noun: the act or process of producing something
Example: "Shakespeare's production of poetry was enormous"
- noun: the creation of value or wealth by producing goods and services
- noun: (economics) manufacturing or mining or growing something (usually in large quantities) for sale
Example: "He introduced more efficient methods of production"
- noun: a presentation for the stage or screen or radio or television
Example: "Have you seen the new production of Hamlet?"
- noun: a display that is exaggerated or unduly complicated
Example: "She tends to make a big production out of nothing"
- noun: an artifact that has been created by someone or some process
Example: "They export most of their agricultural production"
- noun: the quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time)
Example: "Production was up in the second quarter"
Search for production at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse