Definitions of progressive:
- noun: a tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going
- noun: a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties
- adjective: favoring or promoting progress
Example: "Progressive schools"
- adjective: (of taxes) adjusted so that the rate increases as the amount increases
- adjective: gradually advancing in extent
- adjective: advancing in severity
Example: "Progressive paralysis"
- adjective: favoring or promoting reform (often by government action)
Search for progressive at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse