Definitions of prohibition:
- noun: the action of prohibiting or inhibiting or forbidding (or an instance thereof)
Example: "They were restrained by a prohibition in their charter"
- noun: a law forbidding the sale of alcoholic beverages
Example: "In 1920 the 18th amendment to the Constitution established prohibition in the US"
- noun: a decree that prohibits something
- noun: refusal to approve or assent to
- noun: the period from 1920 to 1933 when the sale of alcoholic beverages was prohibited in the United States by a constitutional amendment
Search for prohibition at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse