Definitions of pry:
- noun: a heavy iron lever with one end forged into a wedge
- verb: search or inquire in a meddlesome way
- verb: be nosey
Example: "Don't pry into my personal matters!"
- verb: to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open
Example: "The burglar jimmied the lock, Raccoons managed to pry the lid off the garbage pail"
- verb: make an uninvited or presumptuous inquiry
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #14506)
Search for pry at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse