Definitions of purple:
- noun: a chromatic color between red and blue
- noun: of imperial status
Example: "He was born to the purple"
- verb: color purple
- verb: become purple
- adjective: of a color midway between red and blue
- adjective: belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler
Example: "Purple tyrant"
- adjective: excessively elaborate or showily expressed
Example: "A writer of empurpled literature"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #61003)
Search for purple at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...