Definitions of put on:
- verb: apply to a surface
Example: "Put on make-up!"
- verb: carry out (performances)
- verb: put on the stove or ready for cooking
Example: "Put on the tea, please!"
- verb: add to something existing
Example: "She put on a sun room"
- verb: add to the odometer
Example: "He put on 1,000 miles on this trip"
- verb: increase (one's body weight)
- verb: put clothing on one's body
Example: "He put on his best suit for the wedding"
- verb: prepare and supply with the necessary equipment for execution or performance
- verb: fool or hoax
- adjective: adopted in order to deceive
Search for put on at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse