Definitions of pyrrhic:
- noun: an ancient Greek dance imitating the motions of warfare
- noun: a metrical unit with unstressed-unstressed syllables
- adjective: of or relating to or resembling Pyrrhus or his exploits (especially his sustaining staggering losses in order to defeat the Romans)
Example: "A Pyrrhic victory"
- adjective: of or relating to or containing a metrical foot of two unstressed syllables
Example: "Pyrrhic verses"
- adjective: of or relating to a war dance of ancient Greece
Example: "Pyrrhic dance movements"
Search for pyrrhic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse