Definitions of quarry:
- noun: animal hunted or caught for food
- noun: a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate
Example: "A British term for `quarry' is `stone pit'"
- noun: a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence
- verb: extract (something such as stones) from or as if from a quarry
Example: "Quarry marble"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #39512)
Search for quarry at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse