Synonyms / Related
Definitions of quest:
- noun: the act of searching for something
Example: "A quest for diamonds"
- noun: a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria
Example: "A quest for wealth"
- verb: make a search (for)
Example: "Things that die with their eyes open and questing"
- verb: seek alms, as for religious purposes
- verb: search the trail of (game)
Example: "The dog went off and quested"
- verb: bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
- verb: express the need or desire for; ask for
Example: "She requested an extra bed in her room"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #68875)
Search for quest at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...