Definitions of question:
- noun: the subject matter at issue
Example: "The question of disease merits serious discussion"
- noun: an informal reference to a marriage proposal
Example: "He was ready to pop the question"
- noun: an instance of questioning
Example: "There was a question about my training"
- noun: a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply
Example: "He asked a direct question"
- noun: a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote
Example: "She called for the question"
- noun: uncertainty about the truth or factuality of existence of something
Example: "There is no question about the validity of the enterprise"
- verb: pose a question
- verb: challenge the accuracy, probity, or propriety of
Example: "We must question your judgment in this matter"
- verb: pose a series of questions to
Example: "The suspect was questioned by the police"
- verb: conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
- verb: place in doubt or express doubtful speculation
Search for question at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia