Synonyms / Related
Definitions of radiate:
- verb: cause to be seen by emitting light as if in rays
- verb: extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center
Example: "Spokes radiate from the hub of the wheel"
- verb: send out rays or waves
Example: "The sun radiates heat"
- verb: send out real or metaphoric rays
Example: "She radiates happiness"
- verb: issue or emerge in rays or waves
Example: "Heat radiated from the metal box"
- verb: spread into new habitats and produce variety or variegate
- verb: especially of the complexion: show a strong bright color, such as red or pink
- verb: experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
Example: "Her face radiated with happiness"
Search for radiate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...