Definitions of rally:
- noun: the feat of mustering strength for a renewed effort
Example: "He singled to start a rally in the 9th inning"
- noun: (sports) an unbroken sequence of several successive strokes
Example: "After a short rally Connors won the point"
- noun: an automobile race run over public roads
- noun: a large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm
- noun: a marked recovery of strength or spirits during an illness
- verb: return to a former condition
- verb: harass with persistent criticism or carping
- verb: gather or bring together
- verb: gather
- verb: call to arms; of military personnel
Search for rally at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse